Friday, March 03, 2006

 

Depeche Mode Meets The Sims 2

Just read on GameSpot that Depeche Mode has re-recorded their hit single "Suffer Well" from the "Playing the Angel" album, with new lyrics in The Sims gibberish language for The Sims 2 expansion, Open for Business.

I'm a pretty big Depeche Mode fan. I got to go see them in concert this fall for their Playing the Angel tour. I hadn't heard the album before the concert, but I went and got it right after that. It's great, it's probably my favorite DM album since "Violator". The concert is absolutely amazing, if it comes near you, definitely go see it.

It's pretty cool that DM is getting in a video game, even if it's a meh one like the Sims 2. Actually I shouldn't say that, I haven't played Sims 2 for PC, but I didn't like The Sims for PC and didn't like The Sims 2 for Xbox [my review]. The subtitle of Playing the Angel is "pain and suffering in various tempos". That's kind of how I feel about The Sims.

I think it would be fun to hear the new version of "Suffer Well" in the Simlish language. Hopefully someone will rip that out of the game and post it as an MP3 somewhere. ;)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?